Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hulk SMASH Dull Comics!

Great green jeans!

I have to say that over the past year, one of the most reliably good comics has been Greg Pak's run on the Incredible Hulk. I haven't read Peter David's groundbreaking run on the Hulk (a shortcoming I need to rectify) but Planet Hulk took the Hulk in a direction I'd never even imagined for him. Every issue of this 14 issue epic kept me glued to the pages.

And do you want to know something?

It's looking like World War Hulk is going to be every bit as good. I just read the World War Hulk Prologue: World Breaker, immediately followed by Incredible Hulk #106. I'm burnt out on big event comics like Civil War, but I've got to confess... I'm very interested in seeing what's going to happen next. I think I can honestly say that the Incredible Hulk has moved up to be one of my favorite monthly titles being put out there.

What other runs out there pull the Hulk out of the roll of monster? I've heard a lot of talk about Peter David's run... and after reading him on other titles, I can definitely see that. Any other good Hulk stuff I should dig into the back issues to find?

No comments: