Friday, June 15, 2007

Convention Time

I'm probably the only comics fan in Columbia who hasn't yet blogged about HeroesCon.

So, we can't have that, can we?

I'm a junkie for HeroesCon. It's the Christmas that comes in June (And sometimes in July instead.) And it's the kind of event that I really like to sink my teeth into. As a general rule, I can only make it up there for a day... and as I don't have anything to contribute to the con, short of my financial appreciation, that's fine. But I try to do that one in spades.

As I like to do with many things, I enjoy making a day of it. I'll be getting up around 6am to catch a shower, and be ready to head out to IHOP with a friend when he arrives around 6:30. After breakfast, we'll hit the road to Charlotte, and be prepared to spend the day. I'll probably dig out a few books to get signed. I'd like to try to sit in on both Marvel and DC's panels... but I think Marvel takes precedence over DC this year. (Countdown really isnt't hitting it like 52 did.) But I think a lot of time will be spent on the dealer floor. (That would be the part about spreading my financial appreciation.)

I'm trying to figure out what I'm actually interested in seeing. Last year, I went in mainly with a goal of picking up some 80's DC stuff. I think I'm still looking for some of that, but I'm also thinking pretty strongly about some Marvel stuff too. I don't have much experience with the cosmic aspects of the Marvel Universe, so I may keep my eye open for the Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock.

I don't have a pre-set time to leave by... but generally the amount of cash in my wallet has some impact there. I'm taking a bit more than I ever have before this year... we'll see if I make it to closing time.

No comments: