Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Comic Day 01/16/08

My new comic day post comes a bit early, as I'm going to be spending the next three nights working. So here's what Jason expects to be buying on Wednesday, when he's had a chance to come down from three 13-hour night shifts:

  • BOOSTER GOLD #6 $2.99
  • CHECKMATE #22 $2.99
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #17 $2.99
  • ROBIN #170 $2.99
  • SHADOWPACT #21 $2.99
  • AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #547 BND $2.99
  • CABLE DEADPOOL #49 $2.99
  • IMMORTAL IRON FIST #12 $2.99
  • INCREDIBLE HERCULES #113 $2.99
  • MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #5 $3.99
  • NEW WARRIORS #8 $2.99
  • NEW X-MEN #46 MC $2.99
  • WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH WARBOUND #2 (OF 5) $2.99
I'm going to give McDuffie another arc on Justice League... probably because I really want to like the book. I mean, it's the Justice League,and it's supposed to be a good book.

I need to double-check, but have they retitled the Incredible Hulk to Incredible Hercules? I thought that was just the story arc. I'd try to look it up, but I'm going to have to get ready to go to work shortly.

I'm debating whether or not to drop Shadowpact. It's looking like Bill Willingham is no longer writing the series, and I just don't feel as enthusiastic about Matthew Sturges stories. But Sturges' has begun his second story arc, which is usually the mark of a new ongoing writer.

Robin is sortof on the same bubble that Nightwing was on last week. I was considering dropping it, but Peter Tomasi turned in a pretty durned good first issue. I'll be looking to see if I get some more of that with Robin this week.

All that's left to see is whether there are any changes in the shipping lists by the time I get to the store.

No comments: