Monday, January 7, 2008

New Comic Day 01/09/08

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to actually look ahead at the week. Here's what I see waiting for me:

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #20 $2.99
NIGHTWING #140 $2.99
SPIRIT #12 $2.99
SUPERMAN #672 $2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #546 BND $3.99
HULK #1 $2.99
MIGHTY AVENGERS #7 SII $2.99
TWELVE #1 (OF 12) $2.99
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15 $2.99
X-FACTOR #27 MC $2.99

What's worth talking about?

I guess the first thing on the tip of my tongue is Amazing Spider-Man and Brand New Price-Point. There'd better be something in there to justify an extra $1.00 or it's going to be Brand-New-Cancellation time. I'm already pretty disgusted by the end of One More Day, and I don't fancy the idea of a Brand New Day costing a Brand New Buck. Is that enough of the Brand New jokes? Okay, I'll move on.

I'm a bit curious as to what I've done to deserve a second issue of Mighty Avengers in as many months. I didn't eat my vegetables, I didn't go to bed on time, and I certainly didn't stop teasing my sister. But two issues in two months for no reason? That's patently ludicrous.

I'll give Green Lantern Corps another post-Sinestro-War chance to hold my interest, but I'm just not certain if it can do it. If you can turn it into the Guy-and-Kyle show, though, there's a chance. The Spirit probably won't be sticking around too much longer either. I've enjoyed Darwyn Cooke's relaunch, but my personal impression is that it's one of those books that not just anybody can pick up and write.

Lastly, there's Jeph Loeb's new Hulk series. I'm wondering how we're getting a second monthly Hulk book, especially when Bruce Banner's pretty firmly under wraps right now. I guess this month we'll find out.

No comments: