Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Would-Be Super Villain In All Of Us

Well, my nocturnal schedule has kept me away from my blog for longer than I'd anticipated. And miraculously, I haven't bought any comics that have truly inspired me to rant... which must be a good thing. Because, I'm in fact here to rave.

While listening to this episode of Comic Geek Speak, I heard mention of an independent book called The Nearly Infamous Zango. It's the story of Lord Alfred Zango, Jr. He's the heir to a masterful criminal legacy, when his father eliminated the city's superheroes. But he just spends most of his days on the sofa, still wearing his pajamas, watching television.

The three issues currently in existence are filled with cyborg gorillas, apple-monsters and a henchman who loses a body part in almost every issue. If you like fun, you owe it to yourself to check this book out. And what's even better, writer/artist/creator Rob Osborne has an wesome deal. For $7, he'll ship you three issues all signed. It's the same deal he offers people at conventions, except that $7 includes shipping too! Just click on through to his store. It's an awesome read.

No comments: