Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey everybody! A slight deviation from my usual ranting and raving about comic books for the almost-generic Thanksgiving post. I may not always be happy with everything in my life, but I want to take the opportunity, on this day especially, of saying how thankful I am for what I do have.

For starters, there are the basics. I've got a roof over my head, and food to eat. For anyone who doesn't know, I work as a Security Officer, and I'm currently working the City of Columbia's emergency homeless shelter so every day I work, I see plenty of people who don't have either for themselves. It's easy, sometimes, to forget how much these things really mean. This is something that I'm generally reminded of for as long as the shelter's in operation, but it seems right that this should be the first thing I'm thankful for.

Secondly, I'm thankful for having someone to share my life with. She's there when it sucks, and she's there when it's great. And even though we argue, she never fails to forgive me.

Thirdly, I'm greatful for the generous and inspiring people I've encountered. If there's one thing I've figured out about life, it's the people around you (both family and friends) that make it worth living. I'm blessed with both, and I'm greatful for that.

I wish everybody a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and a good start to the Holiday Season.

No comments: