Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Comic Day

That greatest of days of the week has rolled around again. And since I got off work yesterday, this is like Saturday for me, which makes it even better. What's Jason anticipating laying down his hard-earned scratch for this week, gentle reader?

I think something like this:

  • AQUAMAN SWORD OF ATLANTIS #56 $2.99
  • BIRDS OF PREY #110 $2.99 - On the chopping block, now that the title is sans Gail Simone
  • CHECKMATE #18 $2.99
  • ROBIN #166 $2.99
  • SHADOWPACT #17 $2.99
  • TALES OF THE SINESTRO CORPS PARALLAX #1 $2.99
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA #30 CWI $2.99
  • NEW X-MEN #42 $2.99 - I still feel dirty for paying money for this
  • WORLD WAR HULK #4 (OF 5) WWH $3.99

And I may cave to peer pressure, and pick up a Daredevil trade. A couple of friends were nudging me rather insistently in that direction. Admittedly, a blind guy who kicks all 31 flavors of ass probably deserves watching. I've just never read any of the stories that really made the character. I guess it's at least partly a question of whether to buy trades as I find them, or hunt down and find a way to take this monster home.

On one other topic, I've heard that Exiles will be closing it's doors at issue #100. While I'd really like to say something like the series was cut short, or deserved better, the last truly enjoyable and memorable issue of Exiles that I ran was #54, in which the Exiles save an entire universe with... I kid you not... a cheese danish. How many super-teams can make that claim?

No comments: