Friday, July 20, 2007

Non-Comic Related Post Warning!

On my way to work yesterday, I learned that "Weird Al" Yankovic is coming close to my neck of the woods. He's got a show scheduled Saturday, 8/4 at Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I've been a fan for the past 26 years or so. I heard "Eat It", back at the dawn of time when Michael Jackson was still:
  • cool
  • human
  • non-albino
In some form or another, I've owned pretty much every original album he's produced. I haven't gone back to buy things like the food album, or his boxed set... but believe me when I say I've got a LOT of "Weird Al". And while I may not have loved Straight Outta Lynnwood as much as I loved Running With Scissors, it still brought me many laughs.

So I've bought my tickets. Row 10. Score!

No comments: