- Wow... this isn't very good.
- So these guys want this other guy's sister? Ten gets you twenty he's the villain.
- This is so bad it's giving me a headache.
- Johnny Karaoke? SERIOUSLY? And his Geisha Grrls?
- Headache... getting worse!
- Once again, a Gotham vigilante thinks Batman should understand his mission of vengeance.
- I think this headache is actually my brain trying to escape from my skull so that it can poke my eyes out. I don't blame it. In fact, it might be for the best if it succeeds.
- Well, at least we won't have to worry about seeing Johnny Karaoke again.
- And the sister dies too, so we have no loose ends that might bring ANY of this back around. Outstanding.
Well, in the final analysis, the best thing I can say about John Ostrander's four issue cliche is that I'm done reading it. Now I feel like I need a shower. And some steel wool. I'd have rather gone a couple months without an issue of Batman than read this. I'm normally the first one in line to scream when a book I like has delays. "Why not give us a filler story" I might say "while the regular team tries to get their book back on track?"
If you hear me say this, remind me that his line of thinking got us "Grotesk".