Saturday, August 4, 2007

Who Wants To Be A Superhero

After watching two episodes of the show, I'm of the opinion that none of the characters this go around have the presence of some of last year's entrants. (I was a big fan of Feedback, Major Victory, Ty'Veculus and Monkey Woman.) I kindof want to like The Defuser, but knowing that there's a 'mole' in the cast makes me more and more suspicious that he's the one. He's been taking charge from the start, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Stan's undercover man.

Most of the characters this year make me wince. Parthenon is the biggest offender in that regard. I'm not bothered by the concept of a homosexual superhero, but his wealth of 'catch-phrases' just made my teeth grind. Ms. Limelight seems more like she's interested in being in a reality show than in crafting a superhero character. And Mr. Mitzvah is more of a caricature than a character.

At this point, I think I'd have to say that my favorites are The Defuser, who I suspect of being Stan's undercover agent, Basura, and Hyperstrike.

Hyperstrike, at least, apparently watched the last season of the show and saw the episode where Ty'Veculus didn't care for his costume change. Figuring he'd score some points with Stan, he admitted right out that he wasn't crazy about the costume change, but agreed to give it time to see if his opinion changed. At the elimination last year, Ty'Veculus was called out for not having been up front with Stan about not liking his costume. This year, Stan called out Hyperstrike for not liking it. Stan, you wacky old man... I guess for creating Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers, we'll let you have it both ways.

No comments: